Adams Rite 3700 Series Fire Rated Rim Exit Device
Max Size Single Doors
Max Size Pairs & Double Egress
Hollow metal or wood
4'0" x 80"
8'0" x 8'0"
• Patented “Starwheel” bolt interlocks door to frame
• Strong, durable construction for a high level of security
• Easy to install
• Unobtrusive design for clean sight lines
• Pushbar clad or anodized, not plated, in a variety of finishes
3700 Series Certifications:
• UL Panic-Fire Exit Hardware, 3-Hour Fire Label
• UL 305 Panic Hardware
• California State Fire Marshall
• New York City MEA*
• Warnock/Hersey Listing
Materials: Pushbar made of extruded aluminum, clad or anodized in a variety of finishes.
Handing: Device is non-handed. Lever Entry Trim is field reversible.
Pushbar Length: Standard sizes: dimensioned for 30”, 36”, 42”, and 48” openings. Standard width bars can be field cut to the next smallest opening width.
Door Thickness: Suits 1-3/4” standard, up to 2-1/4”.
Stile Width: 3700 – Minimum 3-3/4”. Door construction may require additional stile width to meet fire ratings and provide adequate strength. 8700 – Minimum 3-3/4”.
Projection: 2-5/8” when fully projected, 1-5/8”when dogged.
Dogging: Standard dogging with hex key or cylinder dogging for 8700 Series only. Electric dogging also available for 3700 and 8700 Series.
Fasteners: Standard self-tapping screws. Optional Sex Bolt Kits 26-0584 (two per device). Specify finish.
Warranty: Five year limited.
1. When door closes, the interlocking noseguard and starwheel bolt close around the strike. The deadlocking slide spring over, locking the starwheel bolt to the strike.
2. When pushbar is depressed, the deadlocking slide moves back, allowing the door to unlock from the strike. This unique interlock provides solid security and prevents jamb spreading.
Strike: Standard hardened steel strike (included).