Motorized Electric Latch Retraction-MEL Featuring 24 and 25 Series exit devices
Motorized electric latch retraction (MEL) provides energy efficient electronic control of an exit device for an affordable around the door solution. The MEL option is Falcon’s® solution of choice for multifamily and commercial real estate facilities where cost competitive electromechanical latch retraction is desired. It is available on Falcon 24 and 25 Series exit devices, except 25-M (mortise).
These devices always provide mechanical egress. Motorized electric latch retraction can be used with credential readers to unlatch doors momentarily for authorized users, or it can be incorporated with systems to retract latches for extended periods of time to allow free entry. This is a convenient alternative to mechanical dogging. Doors with automatic operators also often incorporate exit devices with electric latch retraction.
The MEL option is available on panic and fire rated devices. Because fire exit hardware must be self latching, an automatic fire alarm system must be incorporated to drop power to fire rated MEL devices in case of fire
Features and benefits
- MEL option available on 24 and 25 Series exit devices, except 25-M (mortise)
- Energy efficient motorized latch retraction enables longer wire runs and the use of a standard Schlage® power supply with option board
- Modular design allows for a simplified installation of the available MEL Conversion kit to existing mechanical Falcon 24 or 25 exit devices
- On-board installation and troubleshooting diagnostics built into the motor assembly
- Self-calibrating motor assembly
- Pushbar is pulled in electronically when dogged
- Vandal resistant – detects and responds to events of attack and tampering
- Available with Allegion Connect (-CON) on full device and kits
How to order
To order the MEL feature add “MEL” prefix to device designation (example: MEL-25-R-EO). NOTE: Mechanical dogging is not an option with MEL.
To order the MEL conversion kit, please specify finish with part number (US3, US4, US10, US26, US26D, US32D, SP28, SP313). MEL conversion kits are only compatible with mechanical Falcon 24 and 25 series exit devices. MEL kits may not be used to convert an EL device.
|25-MELK-3||25 Motorized Electric Latch Retraction Kit 3’|
|25-MELK-4||25 Motorized Electric Latch Retraction Kit 4’|
|24-MELK-3||24 Motorized Electric Latch Retraction Kit 3’|
|24-MELK-4||24 Motorized Electric Latch Retraction Kit 4’|