The 8300 series is a fire rated, compact, high performance electric strike featuring a unique concealed design for use with cylindrical locksets. No cutting on the frame is required. Simply remove the existing strike plate, adjust the vertical alignment feature to the latchbolt centerline and install. Its strength is derived from a unique keeper pin locking design, enabling the 8300 to exceed the ratings of the frame, door and locking hardware. This unique electric strike is easy to install and complies with NFPA 80-07 guidelines for retrofit into fire-rated frames. The 8300 accommodates latchbolts up to 5/8" throw.
- UL 10C, fire-rated, 3 hour (fail secure only)
- CAN4-S104 (ULC-S104) fire door conformant
- NFPA 80-07 compliant
- UL 1034 burglary-resistant listed and suitable for outdoor use
- ANSI/BHMA A156.31, Grade 1
- NFPA-252 fire door conformant
- ASTM-E152 fire door conformant
- UBC-7-2-94, Uniform Building Code
- Patent #5,934,720; 8,146,966; 8,157,302
- .24 Amps at 12 VDC/VAC
- .12 Amps at 24 VDC/VAC
- DC continuous duty/AC intermittent duty only
- Falls within the guidelines for retrofit into fire-rated frames
- No cutting on frame required
- Vertical adjustability to accommodate door sag and misalignment
- Tamper resistant
- Static strength 1,500 lbs.
- Dynamic strength 70 ft-lbs.
- Endurance 500,000 cycles
- Field selectable fail safe/fail secure
- Accommodates 1/2"-5/8" cylindrical latchbolt (5/8" with 1/8" door gap)
- Strike body depth 1-1/16"
- Plug-in connector
- Five year limited warranty
- Finish Available: 630 Satin stainless steel
- Faceplate ordered separately