From embedded biometric software to a flexible platform, the compact, outdoor-rated AR402 Fingerprint Key offers reliable biometrics and an extensive feature set to meet the needs of any customer. The Fingerprint Key is available in two memory configurations, supporting a wide number of users and access points. When used with Kaba’s Access Manager 300 (AM300) and Door Unit 500 (AD500), the AR402 creates a comprehensive, low-cost biometric access control system that accommodates up to eight readers and 1,000 users or 500 finger template pairs per AM300.
If access control requirements entail a large number of readers and users, the AR402 combined with Kaba’s Access Manager 524 (AM524) and Door Unit (DU) supports up to 24 readers and 6,000 users or 3,000 finger pairs per AM524. With either configuration, the system offers three-factor authentication: biometrics, PIN code, and optional iCLASS® card.
Sealed in a sturdy IP65-listed enclosure, the AR402 Fingerprint Key comes standard with an illuminated sensor and touch-sensor keypad and operates in virtually any indoor or outdoor environment. Supporting the communication standards for access control readers, the AR402 Fingerprint Key can function with Kaba’s embedded access control systems via RS485 as well as support third-party access control systems capable of decoding HID data formats via Wiegand.
- Complements Existing Kaba Access Manager 300/500 Systems
- Supports Third-party Access Control System (Wiegand)
- Up to 50 Users
- Access Granted in Less Than One Second
- Embedded Biometric Application
- IP65-listed Reader
- Access Control: Flexible biometric reader works with third-party access control systems employing Wiegand.
- Interfaces: RS485 and Wiegand, tamper switch contact 24 V/0.1A
- Power Supply: Input 12 to 24 VDC (24 VDC recommended) // Max.: 420 mA 12 VDC // Idle: 120 mA 12 VDC
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2 in (115 x 65 x 51 mm); includes mounting plate
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 122 °F (-10 to 50 °C); no direct sunlight
- Relative Humidity: 10 to 95%, non-condensing
- Housing and Installation: Flush cable mounting (30 cm or 11.8 in) with metal mounting plate indoors or in protected outdoor area
- Finish: Black