The Medeco® 14 Series is a Grade 2 commercial deadbolt that provides an outstanding combination of cylinder options, performance and value. It is the ideal choice for a wide variety of commercial and heavy duty residential applications where consistent quality, ease of use and installation are required.
Ideal applications include: office buildings, hospitals, schools, restaurants, apartments and retail outlets.
The Medeco® 14 Series can be used in conjunction with either Medeco3, BiLevel, or KeyMark x4 Key Control cylinders as well as Medeco®eCylinders. When offered alongside the Medeco® Maxum deadbolt, it provides end users a choice to select from these options of smart deadbolt solutions.
The 14 Series deadbolt can be ordered with a variety of different cylinder technologies. To compare the mechanical features, see the below chart.
- One inch throw bolt with hardened steel free spinning steel pin insert resists sawing
- Bolt mechanism designed to adjust for both 2 3/8 inch or 2 3/4 inch backset, with 2 3/4 inch fixed backset also available, which provides greater flexibility and ease of installation
- Free turning outer ring on collar resist wrenching attacks
- Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the Medeco3design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys
- Medeco3 cylinders include special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance
- Medeco3 cylinders also include angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, in the Medeco3 design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco® to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry
- Medeco3 cylinders include hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance
- Medeco3 cylinders UL437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of forced attack
It is the ideal choice for a wide variety of commercial and heavy duty residential applications where consistent quality, ease of use andinstallation are required. Ideal applications include:
- office buildings
- retail outlets