Adams Rite 1870 Cylinder Operated Flushbolt
Designed for greater key control, the 1870 Cylinder- Operated Flushbolt for aluminum stile doors prevents accidental locking of the inactive leaf of paired doors.
Designed for use instead of conventional flip-lever operated flushbolts, the 1870 Cylinder-Operated Flushbolt gives building management key control of the inactive leaf of paired doors. Prevents casual locking of the inactive leaf by children or other unauthorized persons. Uses same basic over-center action mechanism as MS® pivoted bolt deadlocks. Recommended for installation at both top and bottom of inactive door with MS1850S Deadlock in active door for greatest security. May be installed to lock at threshold or at header.
360° turn of key throws or retracts the hex-section bolt. Key can be removed only when bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position. Accepts any standard 1-5/32" mortise cylinder from either or both sides. Cylinder must have MS® dimensioned cam (see CYLINDERS).
• 31/32" or 1-1/8" only.
• Standard length (cylinder center to retracted bolt tip) is 12" with ± 1-1/4" adjustment. Other lengths available by special order.
• Measures 1" x 6" x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table on back of page). Steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
• Hexagonal 3/8" flat to flat, with 11/16" throw. Made of stainless steel.
• Measures 1" x 6-7/8".
• Basic lock mechanism boxed with actuator arm attached, rod/bolt assembly unattached. Stainless steel bolt guide, mounting screws, and installation instructions included. Cylinders available separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/4 lbs.
• 1/2" diameter hole in metal threshold or header is suitable. For wood thresholds, 4005 strike is available separately.
• 1870 Cylinder-Operated Flushbolts are operable
by any standard 1-5/32" diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS section for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.