Deadbolts are about strength. Just hold a Medeco® ANSI Grade 1 Maxum® deadbolt in your hand, and you know this is one tough hunk of protection. As tough as a Maxum® deadbolt is on the outside, it’s that smart on the inside. Maxum® deadbolts offer maximum protection with solid-brass construction, along with anti-drilling and anti-prying features.
- Solid brass collar spins under pressure to prevent wrench attacks
- Large thumbturn provides ease of use by physically challenged individuals
- Steel shroud over bolt protects against “ice pick” type attacks
- High security strike plate has a special box design with 2 inch screws that anchor the strike directly to the building structure behind the frame, preventing “kick-in” type attacks
- Hardened steel bolt and bolt throwing mechanism are surrounded by a heavy-gauge tubular steel housing for maximum resistance to crowbar attacks
- Solid brass design is secured with high-tensile steel mounting bolts for maximum resistance against hammer and prying attacks
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning.
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance
- UL437 listing provides assurance that cylinders meet universal standards for drill and pick resistance and resistance against other types of forced attack
- Bolt mechanism designed to accommodate both mortise and drive-in applications, which provide greater flexibility and ease of installation
- Warranted for two (2) years against manufacturer's defects. See the Medeco® limited warranty for full details
Ideal applications include:
- Office buildings
- Retail outlets
- UL listed
- Grade 1
- Door thickness: 1-3/8" - 2-1/2"
- Faceplate: 1- 1/8''
- Backset: 2-3/4''
- Standard 2-1/8" cross bore and 1" edge bore
- Medeco3 cylinder
- 6-pin cylinder
- Trim: Commercial
- 11TC602: Single Cylinder
- 11TC632: Double Cylinder